There are some aspects of using Tarsnap which benefit from a longer explanation.
- What is stored in the cache directory?
- What network resources does Tarsnap require?
- How can I improve the speed of some Tarsnap operations?
- Why do I need to be careful about backing up a live filesystem snapshot?
- How can I have greater control over which files to back up?
- How can I run Tarsnap on multiple machines with the same key?
- How do I deal with partial archives?
Think something about Tarsnap is interesting enough that it should be explained here? Contact the author and let him know.